How Do We Calculate Greens in Regulation?
How does the app calculate Greens in Regulation?
- A Green in Regulation is when you hit the green in two strokes less than Par for that hole.
- On a Par 5, you must hit the green in 3 shots. One a Par 4, you have 2 shots. On a Par 3, you have to hit it off the tee.
- We calculate a Green in Regulation by subtracting the number of putts you recorded from your total score for a hole.
- For example: if you are playing a Par 5, and took a total score of 5, with 2 putts, then you have a Green in Regulation. However, if you scored a 6 with 2 putts, you did not get a GIR.
* updated September 3, 2017