How much data will Swing by Swing use on the course?
Typically, about 18-20 MB are used the first time you download an 18-hole golf course. So, on average, a little more than 1 MB per hole.
To save on your data usage It's a great idea to cache all 18-holes of your course while at home, connected to the wifi network. This can be done by taking the following steps
- Select the course
- Tap Course Explorer from the course home page
- View each hole individually (30 - 45 total time for all 18 holes)
- Do not close the app as this will clear the cache
- When you get to the course, tap start round and the app will take the images from the phone cache.
- It is recommended to do this each time you play.
If you've already cached the map tiles when you hit the course, your on-course data usage will be much smaller. Depending on how many photos you upload, and what your power setting is, you can expect 3-10 MB outside of map tiles.
In addition this will also save dramatically on the battery usage.